inservice 1 (1 - 3 hours)
Title: Laugh and Learn Using Picture Books in the Classroom!
Dynamic speaker Susan Stevens Crummel shows how to use picture books in the classroom with lots of teacher tips, activities, and projects. She will share ideas on how to use her picture books to teach:
- point of view
- language usage—onomatopoeia, alliteration, idioms, etc.
- recognizing patterns
- interpret, explore, and construct simple graphs
- compare and contrast
- making connections
- looking for detail
- measurement: time, temperature, volume, length
- sequential thinking
- identifying the main idea
- using simple directions
- animal habitats, behavior, predators, etc.and many more!
Susan will also give the inside scoop on how she and her sister, illustrator Janet Stevens, work together to create award-winning picture books!
Susan can do 2 different 60 -90-minute sessions—a PART 1 and PART 2 of the above, covering new material in each.
inservice 2 (3 - 6 hours)
Title: Writing Across the Curriculum
Susan Stevens Crummel will have your faculty laughing, learning, and creating lessons as they learn to incorporate writing in all disciplines. This is an interactive approach to guiding teaches to find purposeful ways to have their students to write in math, science, social studies, PE, Music, and Art.
SUPPLIES NEEDED for each inservice
- LOW AV cart (cart only) w/ 3 plug-ins + ext. cord
- large screen (to show my power point)
- 2 display tables (3’ x 6’ at least)
- LOUD lapel cordless microphone
- water to drink
- a copy of each book to display
- additional supplies for the all day Writing Across the Curriculum Inservice
I have decided NOT to raise my honorarium for the upcoming school year. It will remain for June 2018 through May 2019. Costs range from $1200 - $1500 plus expenses (transportation, lodging, meals) depending on the length of the inservice